The Royal Wedding week has arrived. I’m slightly less obsessed with this event than I’d like to be, but I’m getting into it now. Plus, I can’t very well call myself a wedding blogger if I don’t weigh in on Will and Kate. So let’s get down to it. Here are a few of Follow the Bride’s Royal Wedding Musings:
1. First and foremost, the dress. Kate’s quickly becoming a fashion icon and a lot of bloggers are putting her in edgy, forward dresses. I don’t think so. I’m anticipating Princess Catherine in a classic style, possibly with sleeves and a very regal collar. Ball gown? A-line? Trumpet? Gimme a break, I’ve got my own wedding to obsess over!
2. The guy. All I have to say is what happened to Prince William?
3. The invites. What a royal bore! I got really excited about the creative side of planning our wedding. I loved looking for inspiration and I was so excited every time I a new proof came in. I’m sad Kate didn’t have any say in those details. But, I would have liked to use the wording, “The Lord Chamberlain is commanded by The Queen to invite…” in our invites.
4. The Royal reception. I anticipate this not being much fun for Kate. She’s got over a thousand people to hug, kiss and thank for coming, and I’m willing to bet “Shout” is on the Royal Wedding Band’s don’t play list.
5. The bride’s stress level. Kate’s playing the princess role well, she’s been nothing but graceful in all the press coverage leading up to the big day. If I were marrying the Prince, you’d see my ugly mug Lindsay Lohan-style all over the tabloids. The headline would read, “The Royal Bride Loses her Cool with Camilla!” Granted the things that I’m stressing over are details Kate’s probably never thought twice about. Then again, no one’s comparing me to Princess Diana.
Readers, what do you think of all this Royal Wedding hype? Is anyone planning to watch at 4 am? I’m waking up early to see the wedding live. Check back for my take on how it all went down!