- tried my wedding dress on for the umpteenth time and hummed and hawed over makeup and my veil
- bought up a few Christmas lights (on sale)
- searched and finally found burlap
- purchased Matt's entire wedding outfit (pants, shirt, shoes, tie, vest)
- established a more realistic expectation for the number of wedding guests
- started a wedding registry online with myregistry.com (we'll see how that works out)
- went through all of our personal belongings in our respective parents homes and sorted out what we could donate, trash, sell and keep
- collected some amazing donations and gifts from our families to start our lives together
- packed those gifts and some previously owned items so we're ready when we need to move across the country from Ontario to British Columbia in a van.
So that bring us to today! We're at my mom's house now after spending a few days at Matt's working on the things I listed above and relaxing before the year is up.
What are your New Years Eve plans?
We're staying in. This seems to be the trend with most of my friends. I feel too old going to the bar and we'd much rather stay home with a bottle of wine and some fancy cheese. I think we're going to rent a film or a series on DVD to cap it all off. Before the new year I also want to make some lists. I was reading a business book and it inspired me to write a list as to why I want to get married. I'll update you next week on what I came up with!
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!